Strategic Intervention Team (SIT)
– is led by our counseling department and includes the counseling team and teachers from different grade levels. SIT meets several times a month and each member has individual responsibilities that facilitate student success. The purpose of SIT is to advocate for struggling students and to collaborate with teachers, parents and students to address academic or behavioral concerns.
The Learning Center
– is monitored by SIT and provides an opportunity for study support outside of the classroom. Teachers and Peer tutors* are available to provide additional help. All students are welcome and encouraged to use this space and time if they want/need extra help.
Monday, Tuesday and Friday
5th Hour, Study Hall (Library)
: 7:30 - 8:15am (Commons)
: Seminar (Library)
*Peer Tutors are National Honor Society students that help with specific subjects under the guidance of a department leader.
– Students who do not complete their homework assignment for the day are added to the Daily Incomplete Assignment List (DIAL) by their teacher. Students on the DIAL are notified that they are to attend the next Learning Center time to complete their assignment
Failure to Complete the Assignment --
Students who do not complete their missing work and whose name has been on the DIAL for a one week period will be required to attend
FRIDAY NIGHT SCHOOL (FNS
). This is a one hour mandatory study hour from 3:00- 4:00 on Friday after school. Failure to attend FNS will result in a
Monday Morning Meeting
with administration. This meeting will be held first hour and the student will be counted as absent until parents have been contacted and the matter has been resolved.
Low Grade Policy
- Students with one or more grades below 60% (F) or two or more grades below 70% (D) are required to attend the Learning Center on Wednesdays and Thursdays to work with an assigned tutor or their subject teacher. Students will receive a referral form of their
Mandatory Learning Referral
each week until the grade(s) is/are raised.
Failure to attend a Mandatory Learning Referral Session for Low Grades
- Students who miss a Mandatory Learning Center Session for low grades will receive a
7:00AM Learning Referral
which requires students to arrive at school by
7:00 am the following morning
Students who do not fulfill their 7:00AM Learning Referral requirement will receive a
from Mr. Lee, which requires them to serve a 7:00 am detention the following morning.
Parents will be notified by e-mail
when students receive a Mandatory Learning Referral, a 7:00AM Learning Referral, a Discipline Referral, or a Friday Night School Notice. Please be sure that Mrs. O’Malley has your current and preferred e-mail address on file. E-mails are sent confidentially and do not include student’s name, teacher’s name, or missing assignment. Please talk with your child and refer to PowerSchool for this information.
If you have any questions regarding SIT or any of these policies, please feel free to email us at
Strategic Intervention Team
Mariza Counselor, Counselor
Ron Scrogham, Teacher
Krista Daniels, Inclusive Education teacher
Jill Hamerle, Teacher
Jeff Gardner, Teacher
Patti Pearson, Teacher
Jason Balestreri, Teacher