TUITION & FEES 2017-2018
Our 20/20 Strategic Plan set a goal to reach an enrollment of 500 students along with identifying our constituent’s concerns about the affordability of Catholic Education. With these goals and concerns in mind, we are pleased to implement the following tuition structure.
Tuition for one student is $8,900 with the following discounts available:
> Diocesan Employee Discount $1,000 per student
> Legacy (Child of Alumni) Discount $500 per student
> Multiple Student Discount $1,000 per second student
> Active Tithing Parishioner Discount $1,000 per student
> Families with four or more children contact Missy Petit at 816.453.3450 ext. 116 for a separate large family tuition structure.
The tuition structure does not reflect the cost of consumable books or uniforms. Tuition may be paid in accordance with a payment plan selected by each family. Payment Plans may be setup in the following ways:
> Monthly (10 payments between the months of July through August)
> Quarterly (4 payments in July, October, January and April)
> Semi Annually (2 payments in July and January)
> Annually (1 payment in July)
St. Pius X’s vision is to provide an affordable Catholic, college preparatory education to all students with the new tuition structure. If needed, families will continue to have the opportunity to apply for financial assistance at the time of enrollment. The majority of funds are distributed according to financial need rather than academic merit.
Distribution of funds is decided by the Principal and the school finance committee.
Parents are encouraged to contact the Principal, Joe Monachino, Jr., Business Manager, Diane Budke or the Chairman of the Finance Committee to discuss school-related financial matters when necessary.
Financial assistance is available in the form of scholarships, need-based financial aid and work study.
- To be considered for any financial assistance a student must be enrolled (a signed tuition contract on file in the Business Office and the required enrollment fee paid).
- The maximum amount of tuition assistance that is available is 65% of the current tuition.
- No assistance is available for fees.
- There is no guarantee that an application will result in financial assistance. A consistent, objective formula is used based on information provided to us by an independent agency where all prospective applications are completed.
Student must maintain 3.0 GPA, have good attendance, and exhibit school citizenship. Students can only receive one of the below scholarships.
- Outstanding Overall Placement Test Scholarship (2) - Two incoming freshmen are awarded a $1,500 renewable scholarship based on their overall outstanding performance on the High School Placement Test.
- NCS Highest Individual Scholarship - One incoming freshman from each Northland Catholic School will be awarded a $1,000 renewable scholarship based on having the highest overall score from their grade school on the High School Placement Test.
- Highest REMS (Reading, English, Math & Science) Score Scholarship - Incoming freshmen achieving the top score in each of the respective testing topics (Reading, English, Math & Science) will be awarded a $500 renewable scholarship.
- Robertson Memorial Scholarship - This $500 scholarship is awarded yearly to two families who are heavily involved in volunteering their time and talent to St. Pius X High School.
- Dena McMillin Memorial Scholarship - This $500 scholarship is awarded to a freshman female for her sophomore year.
- Eddie Garcia Memorial Scholarship - This $500 scholarship is awarded to a St. Pius X student that demonstrates Christian values, is respected and admired by fellow students and faculty and depicts the perseverance necessary to become successful in life and career.
- Richard J. Walter Memorial Scholarship - This $500 scholarship is awarded to an incoming freshman from St. Charles School.
- Ted & Mary Lillian Polito Good Citizens' Scholarship - This $1,500 renewable scholarship is awarded to an incoming freshman from St. Charles School who demonstrates the qualities of a Good Citizen.
NEED BASED SCHOLARSHIPS
In order to be considered for a need based scholarship, the student's family must apply for financial assistance through Smart Tuition.
- St. Pius X Grant - Established to enable students to attend St. Pius X who may not otherwise be able to attend based upon financial resources. Amount available based on number of qualifying applications. Must reapply each year.
- Work Study - Experience has shown that students who participate in work study benefit in sharing the investment in their education. Students are assigned work in building maintenance, front office jobs, etc. Work is performed before and after school, on weekends, and during the summer. Student must actually do the work before receiving a credit on their tuition statement. Must reapply each year.
Tuition must be current in order for students to:
- Receive class schedule in August
- Receive semester and final grade reports
- Have transcripts sent
- Participate in graduation as a Senior